Saturday 15 December 2012

HEY GUYS I'M NOT DEAD

So, a few minutes ago, I was all, "You know what would be cool? If i kept a journal online where people could read it if they felt like it. Because I journal a lot and I almost want to share it."


and then i thought

THERE IS THAT BLOG YOU ABANDONED IN THE SUMMER MY FRIEND
there is that blog.

You will have noticed some things. Like, I haven't been around for months, there's that. This is because I got a blog on another blogging platform (Tumblr), as you've probably heard, and I use it 24/7, so Blogger was sort of left behind. Which was not entirely right, of course.

you will also have probably noticed that my grammar has disintegrated into dust. I would apologise, but, you know, I won't.

Basically, welcome back to Snippets, Slices and Scenes, and I will try to be less pretentious this time, if you'll have me.

If anyone cares, my life has been this since September:

- Intense school with a new system. This includes lots of flailing around in the dark and working harder than I ever have (which, unfortunately, isn't saying much). Side effects: sporadic crying. Also a new sense of purpose and happiness, when I've had a good day.

-ART ART ART ART WHY CAN'T I WRITE ANYMORE I SCREAM AS I MASS-PRODUCE PICTURES OF TOM HIDDLESTON. (spoiler alert: I got over my writer's block. But it took a very long time. And I wasn't just being lazy I tried and tried to write. But I was just on an art kick.)

-The Fault in Our Stars, and along with it, an almost-new way of seeing the world. Nerdfightia. All things John Green. Re-reading Hazel Grace's story on a ferry boat, crossing the ocean to see history on an island, looking out the window and seeing a timeless hazy grey sea-meets-sky line. New people to meet.

-Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Bordering on a worrying obsession. As in, I looked up the COMICS and am seriously planning to buy them on Amazon. Oh yeah and I'm watching Firefly.

-Apparently I like going to the gym, which is kind of a revelation. It feels almost like being more honest with myself. Like, before, everyone said they hated it so i focused on how crappy i felt when i ran - instead of how the stairwell is all glass and the lovely smell of new paint, and how the facility is really nice, and how it actually feels very, very good to have lost some weight and become a little more fit. I get how people hate it, and i'm not trying to say I'm better than anyone for enjoying it. It's just a weird quirk of me, I guess.

It's kind of ridiculous how much I feel like I've changed since SEPTEMBER. I want to keep track of this little life, and the teeny lovely things like I said before. I feel like I wasn't writing straight from the heart, almost, though, before. Now I want to do my best to do that.

If you're still here and reading this, bless you. If you're new, hi. Bless you too.

8 comments:

  1. YOUR GRAMMAR HAS DISINTEGRATED INTO DUST

    FUNNY AS YOU SAY THIS I HAVE DUSTBOWL DANCE IN MY HEAD

    BUT DON'T WORRY MY GRAMMAR HAS ALL GONE TO ROT TOO

    WE CAN GO TO ROT TOGETHER

    THAT SOUNDS FUN

    *ahem* Good to have you back, my friend. *hugs* Reading TFiOS on a ferry boat sounds lovely. I can't wait to read that book; I've got it on hold at the library. I probably won't be able to read it on a ferry boat, but I will pretend. ♥

    I love you. Like I said, good to have you back, dear. *cough* I mean, DUUUUUDE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY DUSTBOWL DANCE! I FEEL LIKE SUCH A HIPSTER BUT I REALLY DO LIKE MUMFORD AND SONS AND THAT IS MY FAVOURITE OF THEIR SONGS.

      YAY! OKAY I'M SORRY, THIS IS OFF-SUBJECT, BUT I HAVE TO YELL BECAUSE I JUST WOKE UP AND HOLY COW IT IS SNOWING I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT. WE LIVE IN A COASTAL CLIMATE AND IT'S ALWAYS MILD SO IT'S SO, SO, SO NICE TO SEE SNOW. ANYWAY I'M SORRY FOR GOING OFF ABOUT THAT

      Thanks, my friend. *hugs back*. I really can't wait till you read it as well. :D Haha, awesome.

      I love you too, I really do. It's good to be back, DUUUUDE! Thanks for the welcome.

      Delete
  2. the thing about tumblr grammar is that you can put lowercase or caps wherever you want, spelling and spacing can be sacrificed on the altar of feels and punctuation is pretty much an optional pleasantry but GOD HELP YOU if you just once use the wrong apostrophe or there/their/they're

    I'm a bad judge of pretentiousness. I never thought you were before. But hey, just write what's on your mind. Glad you're back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! I'll start lurking again.
    So happy you're getting your DPA in (& enjoying it?!?!) ... finally! Now for your mom and me :-)
    t. Hes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :D thanks!

      YES I LOVE IT. It really feels good. Haha - best of luck ;)

      Delete